On 1 July 2014 a new pricing regime will apply for all Australian residential aged care services.
The key aspects to these changes are as follows:
- Removal of high and low care distinction.
- Accommodation bonds (or daily accommodation charges) apply to all aged care residents.
- Removal of retention amounts on accommodation bonds.
- Increased means testing for residents taking into account income and assets – annual cap of $25,000, and lifetime cap of $60,000. These new fees will be assessed by Centrelink based on an asset assessment.
- An ability for aged care provider to deliver personalised premium services to residents for an extra cost.
- All aged care providers required to advertise prices through the Australian government website. www.myagedcare.gov.au
Superior Care Group’s new pricing can be found on our Fees and Charges page.
Beat the prices rises and enquire today! Vacancies are available.