Skip links

Aged Care Eligibility

Find out how you or your loved one can become eligible for aged care.

Normally, yes. In order to be eligible for subsidised aged care services at Superior Care, all prospective residents must complete an aged care eligibility test or assessment through My Aged Care. This assessment is required for all government-funded aged care communities and determines the type of care needed for residents. It also helps reduce fees for residents by allowing Superior Care to claim government funding.

A resident may choose not to disclose their financial position and will be required to pay 100% of their care needs including the rate of care subsidy which would normally be paid by the Commonwealth Government.

All aged care eligibility tests or assessments are conducted by the ‘My Aged Care’ government body who are available via phone on 1800 200 422 or through the company website:

The next step is to choose a Superior Care aged care residence on the Gold Coast or in Redland City that will best suit your loved one and your family.

Simply make an enquiry and we can then discuss the care needs and financial situation of your loved one.

We can also organise a tour of the chosen Superior Care aged care residence on your behalf.

To determine if an aged care residence is the right fit, it's recommended to speak with team members and current residents to get a sense of the community culture and atmosphere. Additionally, it's important to pay attention to cleanliness throughout the entire facility, from the moment you enter the door to visiting each individual room.

Request an assessment

To learn more about your Aged Care needs and eligibility for you or your loved one, please get in touch us.