Australia Day at Merrimac Park
Our residents at the Ritz aged care facility created some really nice lamingtons. They also spent some relaxing time doing beautiful art pieces and then enjoyed happy hour. This is in celebration of Australia Day – no better way to celebrate than with your mates!
Over in Raffles, our small group of chefs made vegemite and cheese rolls/sticks. This turned out to be quite a long and delicate task but they were worth the wait. Residents also spent time in the days leading up to Australia Day creating an ‘everything OZ” board in preparation for their happy hour.
Physical Activity at Its Best
While balloon tennis or table bowls may seem relatively simple and calm, rest assured it is not. Participants got a great workout by constantly using hand and eye coordination well, strength and balance, and memory and thinking skills – all while having FUN! Oh, and it can also get very competitive.
Keeping our functions, functioning
The aged care facility residents got involved in a variety of activities to keep us motivated. It also kept everyone moving, reminiscing and relaxing, and staying connected.
Upcoming Activities at the Aged Care Facility
- 2nd February from 10.30am at 4Paws on the Floor
- 3rd, 10th & 24th February 2pm entertainers Amanda, Just Jeff and then Gina will perform at Ritz
- 10th February 2.30pm Sing Along with Wendy at Raffles
- 14th February at 10.30am Babies & Bears Valentines at Raffles with the Idle Australian
- February 1st: Rosemary D.
- February 2nd: Nielsen R.
- February 6th: Ronald T.
- February 19th: Clarence L.
- February 25th: Judy H.